Click here for great eBay values!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Pika - A Real Life Pikachu


(via digg submitted by deathcloset)

Well here is that real Pikachu I told you about in my second post today. The following is from the person who uploaded this to Google Video; "The pika may look like a hamster, but is actually a cousin of the rabbit."

"Of course, "Pikachu" is a portmanteau of the words, pika, meaning to spark or meaning a sparkle of lightning in the Japanese language, and "chū", an onomatopoeia in the Japanese language for the squeak made by a mouse. It seems pure coincidence that Pikachu and the Pika bear so much resemblance - or it may just be a third level of cleverness on the Japanese creators' part"


I think the Pika is the real deal. I actually found this video early this mourning on digg.com, bookmarked it and set it aside, it was gonna be my first post then I saw that Nintendo World Tour video and there was a Pikachu in it, well suddenly I saw a nice angle I'll post the Nintendo World video first then mention the above video in it, kinda like a teaser.

That's when the little lady in my first post showed up and my brain ceased to function, forgot about both videos and she became my first post. What can I say I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Was anybody wondering what portmanteau or onomatopoeia meant? Well I was, for info on portmanteau check here, and for info on onomatopoeia check here.

As for me, it's nap time, those big words finished off what little brain matter was left after watching XTetrisHookerX. Not really sure what nap means I'd better 'google' that too... before... I pass ou

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

 
CrispAds Blog Ads

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?